Five Minute Friday

I am starting up with Five Minute Friday…kind of a new thing for me. Writing. So the deal is, you join up with all of the other Five Minute Friday people and write for five minutes straight. That’s it. There is a new prompt every week and you just look at it, and go. Will make me just stop and think about a surprise word…I kind of like that! What an interesting way to start a Friday.   Of course I took out my camera, because that is just what I do.   Today’s prompt is – here.

GO

3:30 in the morning. Here it starts. Drip drip drip. It was supposed to start last night, but I never heard if it did.
I got up at 7 and looked outside. I am still amazed that we live here.
Everything is so green. So alive. And so wet!

ivy

Such a contrast to where we lived in AZ.

Sunrise with trees and rain

The sun is rising, coming through the trees. The cardinals and squirrels are out trying to find food. Reminds me that I need to buy more. That one female cardinal is still attacking our glass side door. Still don’t know what she wants, or if she is trying to protect herself from something.

empty squirrel feeder

I walked outside as the rain paused. My Old Navy flip flops are perfect here. Who cares if they get wet. The sound of the various birds is like music. We used to have a clock that Jeffy’s mom gave us, it had bird noises every hour. Different ones. I swear we hear all of those birds here. I can’t wait for her to visit, so that she can hear them too. She had the same clock.

tree silhouette

I take my camera outside with me. It doesn’t get used as often as it should. I look around at how Spring is showing herself at our house.  I had asked a friend when it starts to green up around here and she said that one day I will just look out and notice it. I think today is that day. I am sure it will be even more pronounced when my mom comes to visit in a couple weeks.

tulip with rain drops

I walk around for a few minutes taking pictures of all that is around. Sometimes stopping and just wondering how it is possible that we ended up in such a place. I think I like the looks of it here…

STOP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share With the World
This entry was posted in Five Minute Friday. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Five Minute Friday

1. Jennifer says:

Beautiful Pictures!! Thank you for sharing your view of spring.

• Jennifer says:

Thank you! It is my first real actual spring! I am in love already! 🙂

• mommy says:

Jenn,

I think that the bird is pecking at the door because it sees it’s reflection in the door and is either fighting itself or in love with itself, it is spring and birds do it!

• Jennifer says:

But it has been doing it for months, all throughout winter and everything. It lives under our front window I think and it makes a point to fly as fast as it can around the corner and hit the door. I don’t understand! HA!

2. Cassi says:

Oh my your yard is beautiful. I can see why you say you like the looks of it here.

• Jennifer says:

Yes, sometimes I don’t even know where to go! We haven’t been here a full year yet and I still find little nooks and crannys to explore. I am giddy! Thank you!!

3. Annie says:

what a cool concept! thanks for sharing Jennifer!

Also — because I too love photos – I tend to scroll through the photos THEN read the text… and I was wondering how the heck you managed to get that top photo. then I read that you didn’t JUST shoot that! 🙂

it’s snowing so much today. it’s weird. normally by mid april we have things sprouting. things that are still incredibly snow covered this year?! I suppose it’s still better than freezing plants that are grown – but so odd.

• Jennifer says:

Ha! I wasn’t about to wake up at 3:30am to take pictures…eheheh. By the time I got out there I think it was 7:30. 😉

We have loved experiencing seasons this year. We loved having snow! It did snow a couple weeks back too! I don’t know what is normal around here.

I heard a lot of people getting snow the last few days! That poor groundhog…lol.

4. Selena says:

What beautiful pictures! I can imagine how different it is for you. I visited a friend in Arizona once, and it was fun–but VERY hot and dry.

Visiting from FMF!

Blessings,
    Selena

• Jennifer says:

Thanks for visiting! 🙂
      Yes, if you have been to AZ then you understand! Also, depending on the time of year you visited, lol. We are quite excited to experience seasons, spring has started out beautiful so far!

5. Crystal says:

Your “here” is absolutely refreshing…thanks for sharing! And, yes, you should use your camera more…great pictures. Blessings as you prepare for your mom to visit:)

• Jennifer says:

Thank you for visiting!! 🙂
      I really do need to use the camera more. I leave it right here next to the computer and I look at it frequently. I hate that it sits there so much unused. I will make it a point at least once a week to do something with it!! 🙂
      My mom has never been here, so yes, we are all looking forward to it!

6. Amy Tilson says:

I had to go read your NC post before commenting. So glad you got to see the Smokies. Fascinated by the fact that you had never seen fireflies (we call them lightnin’ bugs) before. You are going to have a whole new experience when the cicadas come out – you will probably not enjoy it after the first two days. We used to live about an hour east of you in Rocky Mount. Warning: the bbq there is nothing like what you had in the mountains.
    I’m so glad you decided to join the Five Minute Friday madness. Come join us some Thursday night around 10 with the hashtag #fmfparty. We’d love to have you – all chocolate and encouragement! Your photos are beautiful!

• Jennifer says:

Oh yes, you would have thought us silly if you observed us seeing the fireflies for the first time. We were all so giddy. My little girl was chasing them everywhere and laughing. 🙂
      We had cicadas in AZ, but they were there for months and months and are quite annoying. They just make it seem more hot, if that is possible, lol. I think the ones here are different. We were here towards the end of last summer and I remember some, but not the amount they say are coming this year. It will be interesting to compare those.
      Thanks for the invite! I will try to remember Thursday nights at 10! I am still fairly new to twitter, lol.

7. denise says:

Welcome, happy you are here.

8. Paula says:

Enjoyed the walk with you…

9. Eileen says:

Welcome! I love your pictures. And, by the way, I’m originally from AZ!

• Jennifer says:

Oh, what part of AZ are you from Eileen? And thanks for the comment on my pictures! It is like relearning how to do everything here because the light is so different. 🙂

10. Jenn says:

I’m trying to decide, are you in Washington State? Or the NE? No, you’d be talking about snow. Must be the Northwest. ??
    Loved your post and photos – loved your “about” and photos!
    Love your signature w/the heart … good idea – I’ll think about something like that for my “jennifer” or “jenn” signature.

Enjoyed my visit!

🙂 Jenn

• Jennifer says:

Hi Jenn! 😀 So many Jennifer names I see every day..ha! I am actually in NC. We had wanted to move to Washington or Oregon, but it just didn’t happen. So then we decided what place would be not too cold, not too hot…and here we are! Now, we just have to get used to the humidity. 😉
      The heart thing is new! I am still getting used to it and forget it is there half the time because it is so far down at the bottom, lol. Thanks for checking it out! 🙂

11. Amy P Boyd says:

I love your pictures as well as your words. Thank you for sharing with us at Five Minute Friday today.

12. April says:

Sounds like you have come alive….

13. Cristy S says:

Beautiful! Simply gorgeous. I also love the concept of the writing for 5 minutes.

14. domain says:

I like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I will bookmark
    your blog and take a look at again right here frequently.
    I’m relatively certain I will be told many new stuff proper
    right here! Best of luck for the next!
    domain recently posted…domainMy Profile