Five Minute Friday

I am going to try out another Five Minute Friday today!  We left the house at 9:30 this morning and didn’t get back until almost six hours later.  I like to get all of the running around done in one day if I can. Unfortunately we forgot a few stops. Oh well, at least those are closer and we can do them tomorrow. 🙂

The prompt for today is: Jump

GO

How often do you jump?

It is one of those things that I just don’t do often enough.

I don’t jump in rain puddles, I don’t jump on the trampoline, I don’t jump off the swing as it hits the highest point.  I used to! And it was fun, great fun!

I wonder how many ‘grown ups’ jump anymore. Jeffy jumps on the trampoline with the kids still. They love that because he weighs twice as much as they do and he can bounce them all around. Their laughter is contagious…

Jumping on trampolineSo many good times have come because of that trampoline.
In Arizona it brought friends closer together.
Here, in North Carolina it was something to do when you weren’t sure what else to do. Although it is kind of neat jumping around a bunch of trees…

Jumping on trampoline Sunset

I wonder if I associate jumping like that a child’s thing.  It shouldn’t be though!  I think I should just jump more. Maybe then, I will be the one laughing.  🙂

I guess this is mostly just a bunch of rambling thoughts today.  I think I am just exhausted and I should have tried to write before we left this morning. I will remember that for next week…  🙂  These pictures are of course from AZ…I can’t find any that I have taken here, they may all just be on my phone!

STOP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share With the World
This entry was posted in Chit chat, Family, Five Minute Friday. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Five Minute Friday

1. katie says:

dear 5-minute friend,
    thank you for sharing photos of such simple moments that contain so much joy. never has a trampoline made me so emotional… maybe because I know exactly what you mean about the unexpected things that come to mean so much to us in surprising ways. it rained here in Cincinnati last night… you’re welcome to come jump in some puddles here. 🙂
    until next week,
    katie

• Jennifer says:

Thank you!! There are so many little things that sometimes we all overlook. My kids look so forward to jumping again. It was our first real winter so they had to wait. Usually that’s when they are jumping… 😀

2. Alison says:

Jennifer, I love your comment ‘ I think I should just jump more. Maybe then, I will be the one laughing.

3. Debra Bacon says:

Good post – jumping is freeing. The pictures put a smile on my face. As you said: “Their laughter is contagious…” Thank you for sharing.

4. Barbie says:

It’s that child-like faith that causes us to continue to jump. You’re right, jumping brings so much joy and laughter! Stopped over from the Five Minute Friday. Have a lovely weekend.

5. Peg says:

I always pounce on the puddles. I doesn’t get any better than that.

6. denise says:

Really enjoyed this.

7. Tanya M. says:

What fun pictures! Love your random thoughts here. They’ve captured the childlike joy of jumping freely so perfectly. Love your Arizona pics too, by the way. I’m probably a little partial because that’s where I live. 🙂

• Jennifer says:

How fun!! I have lived in so many different cities, the most recent was Surprise though. I love the blogging community there, so friendly. I haven’t found anything here yet! But the people are friendly! Ha!

8. Cristy S says:

I jump rope, does that count?!? lol. Bouncing on the trampoline gives me a headache, but my husband picks up my slack. I do more figurative jumping (so do you). We jump into new recipes or a new project, and for you homeschooling lessons.