So, I had some people message me to get a recipe from one of the meals that I posted about when I tried out HelloFresh last month. Apparently it sounded interesting to a few people! I have to say, I had enough food there for me to eat three large meals of it, plus what I originally had in the photo that didn’t all get eaten since everyone sampled off of it! It makes a lot!
Warm Eggplant Layered Salad with Garlic Yogurt Dressing
1. In a pot, bring 1 1/2 cup of water to a boil and pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Dice the eggplant, potato, cucumber, half the onion and tomatoes. Mince the garlic and parsley and juice the lemon.
2. Make your dressing first to infuse all the flavors. Add half the garlic to the yogurt, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Mix everything together and leave it to the side, ready to use later.
3. Toss eggplant with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them in a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until they are nice and crispy around the edges.
4. Take the pot of boiling water off the heat and pour in the couscous along with a pinch of salt. Cover and set aside.
5. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and cucumber with parsley, a tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 a tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Ad the potatoes and cook until brown. Lower heat to medium low, add the onions and cover. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Add oregano, remaining garlic, and eggplant. Toss and cook for one minute.
To finish: Fluff the couscous with a fork and divide between two plates. Place the vegetable mixture on top of the couscous followed by the cucumber tomato salad. Drizzle with yogurt dressing. Enjoy!
I don’t have any other photos to show other than the ones I posted in my previous blog post, but it really was a yummy meal!
Again, if you are interested in trying out the HelloFresh service, use code KEQ93D for $20 off of your first box. 🙂
Let me know if you make this meal!!