A few weeks ago we went and got six guineas. We got six more on the 4th of July. Last week, guess what came in the mail! Eggs!! We got around 36 eggs in the mail, one was cracked upon arrival…and we lost one more a few days later. It has been six days since they have been in the incubator and it looks like maybe four of those aren’t going to make it. We will see though!
Here is a picture of the eggs in the incubator. Guinea eggs need to stay at a certain temperature as well as a certain humidity. It has been an interesting week trying to get it to stay just right. Jeffy finally hooked up the cats old iv set up to the incubator and it works perfectly.. Until today when the power went out for about an hour. Glad that Jeffy was home, he brought in a propane powered heater and kept them warm… :whew:
Here are some random pictures of our current guineas. They are all mixed in, but the younger ones were more shy. They move fast and as a group too, hard to get pictures last night when I went out there. Will have to get more again on a morning, since that is when the sun is on that side…
And here are a few of the younger ones. They were sleeping before I walked up. I would have gone in there and gotten a shot of them without the fencing, but I didn’t want to ruin their naps.
The eggs should be hatching after the first week in August..thereabouts. It will be interesting to see how many we get!